Energy Solutions for Your Company
Idaho Power’s base of clean, renewable hydroelectric generation is our biggest source of electricity.
We recognize that some customers want to go further in buying carbon-free electricity. For those customers, we have options to develop a custom solution based on their needs.
Large Renewable Energy Purchase Options
Design a renewable energy supply portfolio for your needs.
A Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) product supported by local renewable projects: wind, solar and geothermal
- Availability of energy source varies
- Limited quantities available
- Minimum purchase of 750 megawatt-hours/year, one-year minimum term
- Green-e Energy certified www.green-e.org
Contact us today to discuss customizing your energy portfolio.
Green Power Program
- A flexible option for supporting renewable energy
- Generated from wind (97 percent) and solar (3 percent) projects located in Idaho, Oregon or Washington
- $1 per 100 kilowatt-hour block or 100 percent use option for 1¢/kWh
- Flexible – you can cancel at any time
- Green Power is Green-e Energy certified www.green-e.org
Our Energy Mix
- About half the energy in our fuel mix is clean, renewable hydro power.
- Coal-fired generation accounts for about a third of our fuel mix; however, that amount is declining as we transition away from coal.
- Natural gas-fired generation is the next largest component of our fuel mix.
- The balance of our energy is purchased from the market or independent power producers.*
* Idaho Power sells the Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) that it receives in association with this energy, with proceeds benefiting retail customers. Because Idaho Power does not own the RECs for the other qualified renewable resources included in our Resource Portfolio Fuel Mix, Idaho Power cannot and does not represent that electricity produced by this fuel mix is being delivered to its retail customers.