Smart thermostats are the latest generation of home thermostats with features that can impact your home’s heating and cooling energy usage.
How Does it Work?
Smart thermostats have many advanced features that include internet connectivity, downloadable energy tools and access to weather data. These features provide homeowners with increased control of their home’s heating and cooling energy usage.
What is the Incentive?
How do I qualify?
- You must be an Idaho Power residential customer, and either a homeowner or property owner.
- Your home must have an electric resistance forced-air furnace or a heat pump.
- A maximum of one incentive per home.
- Home types must be single-family site-built, manufactured, duplex, triplex or fourplex.
- Home can be a primary residence, vacation home or rental.
- The smart thermostat must be connected to the internet.
- You can choose to self-install the smart thermostat.
How do I Apply?
- Review the Terms and Conditions,
- Install the Smart Thermostat.
- Complete the
- Submit the completed forms together with a copy of the paid invoice to Idaho Power. If professionally installed, also include that invoice.
- Receive a check upon application review and approval.
Many smart thermostats have settings that must be programmed by the homeowner while other settings are set to defaults that can be changed by the homeowner. Examples of settings for an air source heat pump include the outdoor temperature setting for backup heat, outdoor temperature setting for compressor lockout and defrost schedule. Settings can impact energy usage. It is important to check those settings to make certain they meet your needs and that of the HVAC system.
For assistance with a PDF on this page or to request a PDF in an alternate format, please contact Customer Service at 208-388-2323 or 1-800-488-6151