What Is It?
A ducted central air conditioner is an efficient cooling system that uses traditional ducts and vents throughout a home to distribute cool air.
How Does It Work?
A ducted central air conditioner cools a home by absorbing heat from the home using the indoor evaporator coil then moves the heat to the outdoor condenser coil to dissipate it.
What Is the Incentive?
|New System Efficiency||Incentive|
|Minimum 15 SEER/14.2 SEER2 but less than 17 SEER/16.3 SEER2 and minimum 12 EER/11.5 EER2||$50|
|Minimum 17 SEER/16.3 SEER2 and minimum 13 EER/12.5 EER2||$150|
How Do I Qualify?
- Incentive available only to Idaho Power customers in Idaho.
- Meet all requirements in the Ducted Central Air Conditioner Specification section of the
- You must be an Idaho Power residential customer, and either a homeowner, builder or property owner.
- Your home must be single-family site-built, manufactured, duplex, triplex, or fourplex.
- Your home can be a primary residence, vacation home, or rental.
- New system SEER and EER ratings must meet minimum rating listed.
- A maximum of one incentive per home.
How Do I Apply?
- Review the Terms and Conditions,
- Contact a licensed HVAC contractor and have the ducted central air conditioner installed.
- Complete the
- Submit the completed forms together with a copy of the paid licensed HVAC contractor invoice and AHRI certificate to Idaho Power.
- Receive a check upon application review and approval.
For assistance with a PDF on this page or to request a PDF in an alternate format, please contact Customer Service at 208-388-2323 or 1-800-488-6151