Builders can earn a cash incentive to build energy-efficient, single-family homes in Idaho Power’s service area.
These homes must meet strict requirements that make them at least 20% more energy efficient than homes built to standard state energy code.
Residential New Construction Pilot Program homes feature high-performance heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, high-efficiency windows, increased insulation values, tighter building shells and comfortable homeowners.
- $1,500 incentive available to builders who construct homes that are a minimum of 20% above state energy code. The incentive is paid to the builder.
- New home must be electrically heated using heat pump technology and be constructed in Idaho Power’s service area.
- Must be detached single-family or attached, side-by-side townhome/condo style buildings, up to three stories in height and where living units are not stacked.
- Incentive available to builders who construct homes that are a minimum of 20% above state energy code. The incentive is paid to the builder.
- Must contract with a RESNET-certified HERS Rater recognized by Idaho Power before construction begins.
- Meet savings thresholds calculated by REM/Rate, an energy modeling software.
- Contractors who build in Idaho Power’s service area.
How to Apply
- Hire one of the following RESNET-certified HERS Raters recognized by Idaho Power:
Your rater will:
- Work with you, pre-construction, to ensure your home design will achieve program requirements.
- Perform the required energy modeling using the REM/Rate modeling tool.
- Perform site inspections and testing.
- Upload the REM/Rate data into the regional AXIS database for savings calculations.
- Maintain, complete and submit all required technical documentation.
- Complete and submit the following to Idaho Power upon project groundbreaking:
- Idaho Power Residential Application & Agreement. An application is required for each home you are applying for an incentive on.
- Current W9 form.
- Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Residential New Construction Pilot Program
P.O. Box 70
Boise, ID 83707
- Incentive checks will be issued within 4 to 6 weeks of completion of construction and verification that savings thresholds have been met, as well as all quality-assurance (QA) verification inspections successfully passed. Review the program’s Terms and Conditions.
For help, call Idaho Power’s Customer Care Team weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at 208-388-2323, or outside the Treasure Valley at 1-800-488-6151. You may also email Idaho Power Program Specialist Becky Arte-Howell at email@example.com.