Builders can earn a cash incentive to build all-electric, energy-efficient, single-family homes in Idaho Power’s service area.
These homes must meet strict requirements that make them at least 10, 15 or 20 percent more energy efficient than homes built to standard state energy code.
Residential New Construction Pilot Program homes feature high-performance heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, high-efficiency windows, increased insulation values, tighter building shells and comfortable homeowners.
Incentives are available to builders who construct homes with the following, above-code levels:
|1. 10% – 14.99% above state energy code||$1,200|
|2. 15% – 19.99% above state energy code||$1,500|
|3. 20% or more above state energy code||$2,000|
- New home must be all-electric using heat pump technology and be constructed in Idaho Power’s service area.
- Must be detached single-family or townhomes/multi-unit buildings, up to three stories in height and where living units are not stacked. For example, attached, side -by -side townhomes or condos will qualify.
- Incentive available to builders who construct homes that are a 10, 15 or 20 percent above state energy code. The incentive is paid to the builder.
- Must contract with a RESNET-certified HERS Rater recognized by Idaho Power before construction begins.
- Meet savings thresholds that are calculated by REM/Rate, an energy modeling software.
- Contractors who build in Idaho Power’s service area.
How to Apply
- Hire one of the following RESNET-certified HERS Raters recognized by Idaho Power:
Your rater will:
- Work with you, pre-construction, to ensure your home design will achieve program requirements.
- Perform the required energy modeling using the REM/Rate modeling tool.
- Perform site inspections and testing.
- Upload the REM/Rate data into the regional AXIS database for savings calculations.
- Maintain, complete and submit all required technical documentation.
- Idaho Power Residential Application & Agreement. An application is required for each home you are applying for an incentive on.
- Current W9 form.
Residential New Construction Pilot Program
P.O. Box 70
Boise, ID 83707
For help, call Idaho Power Customer Service weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at 208-388-2323, or outside the Treasure Valley at 1-800-488-6151. You may also email Becky Arte-Howell at email@example.com.