Fall 2019 Enrollment is Open!
For Idaho Power residential customers in Bannock, Bingham and Power counties*
The Shade Tree Project is a pilot project to encourage homeowners to plant shade trees for energy savings. A limited number of trees will be distributed to homeowners to help shade homes and reduce energy use. Several species are available on a first-come, first served basis. Idaho Power will evaluate the results and future energy impacts from this demonstration project.
This project is for residential customers who wish to plant a shade tree at their home. It is open to a limited geographic area each spring and fall. Participants must have the legal right to plant trees on the property. Limit two trees per address for the life of the project.
*If you reside in a county that is not part of the current Shade Tree offering, but wish to be notified of future offerings in your county, should they become available, please email your name, email address and ZIP code to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enroll Now for Fall 2019
Idaho Power has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to bring you the Energy Saving Trees online enrollment tool.
Several species are available on a first-come, first served basis. Participation is limited to two trees per address for the life of the program. You must be pre-registered and provide your enrollment confirmation letter/email to pick up your tree(s).
How to participate:
- Use the online tool to:
- Select a tree. See our list of available trees for the Fall 2019 offering.
- Learn how to plant smart. Get information on the best planting sites for energy efficiency. You will be asked to map your house to see how energy savings change depending on which side of the house the tree is placed. Although the decision about where to plant is ultimately yours, the future of this program depends on the energy savings, so please choose the location wisely.
- Schedule your pickup date. Trees will only be available on the dates and times listed below. You can pick up your tree on one of the following dates:
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday, October 3 in Pocatello
- 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday October 5 in Pocatello
- Pick up your shade tree at the designated time and location. When you arrive, you’ll be able to talk with an expert, participate in planting demonstrations and get planting and care instructions. Trees come in 3–5 gallon containers and range in height from 4–10 feet, so please plan their transportation accordingly.
- Plant your tree as soon as possible to give it the best chance at a long and healthy life – and enjoy!
Note: Program continuation, eligibility requirements and terms and conditions apply. In the event that reservations fill after hours or on the weekend, the enrollment tool will not be deactivated until the next business day. If this occurs and you wish to be notified of any future Shade Tree offerings in your area, should they become available, please email your name, email address and ZIP code to email@example.com.
This project is a joint-effort by Idaho Power, the City of Boise, Kuna, Meridian, Mountain Home, Nampa, College of Southern Idaho, Idaho Community Forestry, Idaho Nursery and Landscape Association, College of Western Idaho and others.