A ducted air source heat pump is an efficient electric home heating and cooling system.
How Does It Work?
A ducted air source heat pump uses traditional air ducts and vents throughout a home to distribute warm or cool air. To heat a home, it absorbs heat from the outdoor air, then moves the heat to the air handler to circulate warm air throughout the home. During the summer it absorbs heat from the home then moves the heat to the outdoor unit to dissipate it.
What is the Incentive?
How Do I Qualify?
- You must be an Idaho Power residential customer, and either a homeowner, builder, or property owner.
- Your home must be single-family site-built, manufactured, duplex, triplex, or fourplex.
- Your home can be a primary residence, vacation home, or rental.
- New system minimum efficiency must be 8.5 HSPF.
- Home must be in area where natural gas is not readily available.
- A maximum of two incentives per home.
How Do I Apply?
- Review the Terms and Conditions.
- Contact a Participating Contractor, and let them know you wish to apply for the incentive.
- Your Participating Contractor reviews the requirements with you and installs the heat pump.
- Your Participating Contractor completes and submits all the necessary forms with your assistance.
- Receive a check upon application review and approval.