An electronically commutated motor (ECM) for your air-handler is a highly efficient alternative to the traditional permanent split capacitor motor (PSC).
How Does it Work?
These motors consume less energy when compared to PSC motors because of their difference in design. ECMs can be especially effective for people who use the fan-on mode of their thermostat which runs the air-handler motor continuously.
What is the Incentive?
- $50 to the homeowner or property owner
- $150 to the licensed contractor
How do I Qualify?
- You must be an Idaho Power residential customer, and either a homeowner or property owner.
- Qualifying home types are single-family site-built, manufactured, duplex, triplex or fourplex.
- Your home can be a primary residence, vacation home, or rental.
- Incentive applies to motor replacement only, not replacement of complete blower assembly/air-handler cabinet.
- Must be installed by a licensed contractor.
- Qualifying home must have an electric resistance forced-air furnace, oil or propane or natural gas forced-air furnace or a heat pump.
- A maximum of one incentive per home.
How do I Apply?
- Review the Terms and Conditions. . .
- Contact a licensed contractor and have the ECM installed.
- Complete the and .
- Submit the completed forms together with a copy of the paid licensed contractor invoice to Idaho Power.
- Receive a check upon application review and approval.
For assistance with a PDF on this page or to request a PDF in an alternate format, please contact Customer Service at 208-388-2323 or 1-800-488-6151