What Sustainability Means to Idaho Power
Idaho Power defines sustainability as “sound and enduring financial, environmental and social stewardship.” We think of it as a business plan to sustain our company well into the future. We understand that in today’s world, the products and services we deliver have to be more than just reliable and more than just affordable – they must also be a responsible use of the environmental resources we share with our communities. Our company demands it, our customers expect it and our stakeholders insist on it.
Every year, we share the results of our efforts in our annual sustainability report, including the good work that comes from our nearly 2,000 employees. You can also review our previous sustainability report, a sampling of specific past sustainability projects, and our efforts in additional sustainability areas, like biodiversity.
To request a hard copy of our annual sustainability report, or for questions, please email us.
As part of our efforts to maintain sound and enduring financial, environmental and social stewardship, we focus on specific areas.
- Balanced and Responsible Management: Demonstrate integrity and transparency in the principled and profitable management of our business.
- Operational Excellence: Incorporate ingenuity, innovation and efficiency in our daily operations, with exceptional results.
- Environmental Stewardship: Reduce our overall environmental footprint and continue our tradition of environmental stewardship.
- Engaged, Empowered Workforce: Provide a high-performance culture that respects and empowers employees, encourages engagement, values safety and promotes our company as an employer of choice.
- Strong Community Partnerships: Practice intentional and responsive community involvement, support and educational outreach.
Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) Information
In line with the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) guidelines, we also report on ESG initiatives. This reporting can be found on the IDACORP website. The ESG initiatives tie in with our sustainability efforts and are a critical part of our business plan.