The intended purpose of Idaho Power social media sites is to serve as a mechanism of communication between the company and its customers. Submission of comments by members of the public constitutes participation in a limited public forum. A comment posted by a member of the public on any Idaho Power social media and/or online site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of the comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, Idaho Power, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Idaho Power.
Further, the social media sites on this page are Idaho Power’s only official company presence in social media. While many of our employees also use these sites, official company voices are found only on this page.
Idaho Power supports the following guidelines in our use of social media and expects our visitors to do the same. Please review our guidelines prior to commenting on Idaho Power social media content.
Comments that do not adhere to the following guidelines will be removed from the social media site.
Please do not submit content that includes the following:
- Content that is illegal, obscene, vulgar, offensive, threatening, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, hateful, abusive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit, indecent or embarrassing to any other person or entity, or otherwise restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the social media site;
- Content that is harassing or discriminatory on the basis of any class protected by federal, state, or local law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression;
- Solicitation, including but not limited to, advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Comments not topically related to the particular social medium thread or topic or article being commented upon;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures of any kind;
- Conduct that violates any federal, state, or local law;
- Content that is invasive of privacy, injurious or objectionable to third parties;
- Content that is fraudulent or otherwise constitutes or contains false, inaccurate or misleading indications of origin, endorsement or statements of fact;
- Content that violates, plagiarizes, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Content containing viruses or malware;
- Content that consists of or contains e-mail addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of personal or contact information;
- Comments for which you were compensated or provided any consideration by any third party;
- Comments that identify any specific person, including any employees of Idaho Power.
All information posted to this site, including comments and the identities of those submitting for posting, are subject to public disclosure. A post or comment that asks Idaho Power to provide public records will not be considered a public records request.
Idaho Power social media sites may contain posts which include hyperlinks to other webpages. Idaho Power guarantees neither the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of any hyperlink, website, or content linked thereto.