Idaho Power works hard to provide clean energy and protect resources all year. On Earth Day and every day, the company helps its customers achieve their green goals.
Here are just a few ways Idaho Power and its customers are taking care of the environment:
- In March 2019, Idaho Power announced the ambitious goal of reaching 100% clean energy by 2045. Clean hydropower remains the backbone of Idaho Power’s energy mix.
- Idaho Power owns five fish hatcheries and adds more than 6 million salmon and steelhead to the Snake River and its tributaries each year, and we manage more than 25,000 acres of wildlife habitat.
- The company works with homeowners, businesses and nonprofits to help them reach their own 100% clean energy goals.
- In 2021, Idaho Power’s Green Power Program had 4,312 enrolled customers who use renewable energy from projects in Idaho, Oregon or Washington — for just an extra penny a kilowatt-hour. Participation also supports Solar 4R Schools, which teaches the next generation about sustainable energy.
- Energy efficiency programs helped Idaho Power customers use energy wisely in 2021 — saving enough to power almost 13,000 average size homes in Idaho Power’s service area. And the company’s three demand-response programs helped reduce load by nearly 313 megawatts during periods of high energy demand.
Learn more about Idaho Power’s commitment to environmental stewardship at idahopower.com/energy-environment/environmental-stewardship.