Flex Peak is a demand response program that offers cash incentives to commercial and industrial customers who can reduce their electric load when summer demand for energy is high or for other system needs.
The program runs June 15 to Aug. 15. Three events is the minimum that will occur during the season, each between the hours of 2 and 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. Events last between two and four hours, and customers will be notified two hours before the event.
Why should I participate?
- Add revenue to your bottom line. Flex Peak is a simple and smart way to put money back into your business with zero upfront costs and the flexibility to curtail an entire facility or a small portion of the facility.
- Take control of your energy use by becoming more familiar and efficient in running your facility.
- Get leaner and greener. Flex Peak helps your facility become more energy efficient while providing a cost-effective solution in prolonging the need for future electricity generation.
- Give back to your community. Flex Peak helps Idaho Power meet its commitment to provide responsible, reliable, fair-priced energy.
Incentive payments consist of a fixed payment and a variable payment.
The fixed payment amount is $3.25 per kilowatt (kW) per week. Customers will get paid this amount even for weeks when an event is not called, up to their nominated amount. For weeks when an event is called, customers will receive the $3.25 payment based on the amount of actual kW reduction achieved during the event.
The variable payment amount is $0.16 per kilowatt-hour (kWh). This amount is only provided after the first three events of the season and is based on the amount of kW reduced during the event, multiplied by the length of the event in hours.
How much can I expect to make for a season?
There are many factors that will determine the total season incentive amount including the amount of nominated kW, facility performance and the number of events called. A rough estimate is listed below:
A facility that has nominated 100 kW for the entire season, met their nomination during each event and participated in the minimum of three events would get $2,925 for the season.
For additional examples of how much you can earn based on the nomination you elect see our.
Commercial and industrial customers who are able to reduce a minimum of 20 kW when an event is called.
Application and Steps to Participate
Steps to Participate
Participating in Flex Peak is simple. Idaho Power will help you participate by doing the following:
- Work with potential participants to identify how much energy can be reduced and how they can participate based on the facility needs.
- Assist in identifying specific measures that can be taken to reduce energy so you know what to shut down during an event.
Enroll your facility in Flex Peak by submitting the. The amount you commit to reduce can be adjusted as electric loads change and as participants gain experience in the program.
To learn more about how your business can participate in Flex Peak, call 208-388-5229.
Additional Program Documents
Note: Program continuation, eligibility requirements and terms and conditions apply.