Custom incentives are available for all commercial and industrial customers for qualifying electrical energy saving improvements to existing or new buildings or processes.
Custom Project incentives are based on the first year annual energy savings of the project and the project cost. The financial incentive is calculated as follows:
- 18 cents per kilowatt-hour(kWh) saved per year, or
- 70 percent of the eligible project cost, whichever is less
Typical Custom Projects resulting in electrical energy savings include modifications to the following:
- Motor systems
- Air conditioning
- Other projects may qualify, contact Idaho Power for more information.
Information on incentives for lighting retrofits and a specific list of equipment upgrades can be found on the Retrofits page. Information on a specific menu of new construction measures can be found on the New Construction and Major Renovations page.
Custom Project incentives are available for all commercial or industrial customers, such as manufacturing plants, medical facilities, educational facilities, governmental facilities, municipal facilities and others. Incentives are available for qualifying electrical energy-saving improvements to existing or new commercial or industrial buildings or processes.
Projects NOT eligible for incentives include the following:
- Measures covered under our Retrofit or New Construction program
- On-site electricity generation (i.e., geothermal, solar and/or wind)
- Power factor correction, power conditioning and other black box devices
- Refurbished or used equipment
Additional details are available in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
Application and Steps to Participate
Steps to Participate
- Determine how your electrical system can be more efficient. If you need advice, contact your Idaho Power customer representative, our program engineers, an energy efficiency expert for your particular process, or use our energy audit services.
- Obtain a cost estimate for modifying or installing more efficient equipment, including materials and labor.
- Complete the pre-approval tab of the
Submit with detailed project material and labor invoices to . Idaho Power will contact you to coordinate a measurement and verification inspection if needed.
- Idaho Power will, in consultation with industry experts, review the applications. Once you receive our written pre-approval via email, the project may proceed. If the project scope changes during the process, notify Idaho Power for approval prior to proceeding. The incentive may be adjusted accordingly.
- Idaho Power may request an opportunity to monitor the electrical use and demand of the equipment installed before, during or after the project. This monitoring helps ensure energy is being saved and helps to calculate the correct savings and incentive for your project.
- Once work is complete and project costs are itemized, complete the payment tab of the
and submit with detailed project material and labor invoices to . Idaho Power will contact you to coordinate a measurement and verification inspection if needed.
- Once your project is verified and all project invoices are received, Idaho Power provides you with your incentive check.
Note: Program continuation, eligibility requirements and terms and conditions apply.