An Idaho Power employee was surprised to discover the water bottle in his truck was a fire hazard. How’s that? This short video shows how a water bottle can create a convex lens, similar to a magnifying glass, with the ability to focus the sun’s rays and cause a fire.
In this case, the employee was in the vehicle at the time and moved the bottle, eliminating further damage to the seat. But a bottle left unattended in the sun, especially near flammable materials, could be dangerous.
See the video on Idaho Power’s YouTube channel, and feel free to share.