The average Idaho Power customer is without power for fewer than two hours a year. But in the case of extreme winter weather, outages can last longer. That’s why Idaho Power recently created a video with the top five tips to help customers prepare for any outage, short or long. The video is available on YouTube and highlights the following tips:
- Before an outage hits, prepare a home emergency kit with items like water and flashlights.
- Sign up to receive outage alerts via My Account at my.idahopower.com.
- Check Idaho Power’s online outage map to view current outages and restoration times.
- During an outage, keep your fridge/freezer doors closed to keep cold air where it’s needed most.
- If you notice a downed power line, stay at least 100 feet back and report it to Idaho Power by calling 1-800-488-6151.
For more tips about preparing for outages, visit idahopower.com/outagetips.