Get ready for the big game, and make your celebration energy efficient:
- Turn down the heat. Extra bodies (and team spirit!) will heat your home.
- Use small appliances like slow cookers to make and keep your dips warm. Small appliances use less energy than electric ovens.
- Focus your energy on the game, and turn off lights and electronics in the rest of your home.
- Wash only full loads of dishes in the dishwasher. Energy-efficient dishwashers use less energy than washing by hand.
Need an easy, energy-efficient appetizer? Throw the following into your slow cooker for two hours on high:
- 2-pound bag of fully cooked frozen meatballs
- 2 cups grape jelly
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
For more energy-saving tips, visit idahopower.com/save.