During National Agriculture Week, March 21–27, Idaho Power reminds agricultural customers — and everyone working outside — to stay safe this spring when working near power lines:
- Assume all power lines are energized and dangerous.
- When moving irrigation pipes, ladders or other equipment, always look up for power lines and use a spotter.
- Carry pipes horizontally, not vertically.
- Keep yourself and any equipment at least 10 feet away from power lines — this includes water from sprinklers or hoses.
- Don’t store materials under or near power lines.
Keeping these tips top of mind can help avoid potential power outages, costly repairs and serious injuries.
Learn more about overhead line safety on Idaho Power’s website, or watch a helpful video on their YouTube channel.