Whether you are finishing up your shopping list or just getting started, Idaho Power has some ideas to give the gift of energy savings all year long.
- Stay warm at home with sweaters, blankets or other cozy accessories. Turning down the thermostat just one degree in the winter saves about 3% on heating costs.
- Upgrade your home office or virtual classroom with a new laptop or tablet, which uses much less energy than a desktop computer.
- Make meal prep a breeze with slow cookers, pressure cookers, toaster ovens or air fryers. Small appliances get the job done using less energy.
- Immerse yourself in your latest binge-worthy series with LCD or LED TVs.
- Go high tech at home with a smart thermostat. And don’t forgot to check out Idaho Power’s $75 incentive for those who qualify: idahopower.com/heatingcooling.
- Decorate with LED holiday lights, inflatables and outdoor timers to brighten the holidays year after year.
- Grow into savings with a gift certificate to a local nursery to buy a shade tree this spring.
- Cook up some savings by gifting glass or ceramic cookware, which allows you to bake at a temperature 25 degrees lower than the recipe recommends.
For more energy-saving tips, visit idahopower.com/save.