Spring has arrived and warmer weather is right around the corner. It’s the perfect time to get your home in shape for an energy-efficient spring.
Idaho Power offers the following tips to get your home ready for the upcoming cooling season:
- Clean or replace air filters. Dirty filters block air flow and can significantly reduce the system’s efficiency and life.
- Check your thermostat settings and adjust for a spring/summer schedule. Program your thermostat to allow automatic adjustments.
- Brush or hose off leaves and debris from the outside A/C or heat pump unit. This allows proper air flow for your unit to work more effectively.
- Seal air leaks around windows and doors by caulking, weatherstripping or adjusting hardware for a better fit. Fixing air leaks is a cheap and easy way to improve comfort and reduce energy use.
- Haul out the grill and get it ready for outdoor cooking. Using a grill or Dutch oven on warm days keeps heat out of the kitchen.
For more energy efficiency tips, programs and incentives, visit idahopower.com/save.