Idaho Power’s Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) examines the demand for energy over the next 20 years and the best ways to meet that demand for our customers. The plan is updated every two years and includes a series of public meetings that help guide our planning process. The 2017 IRP was submitted to the Idaho Public Utilities Commission and the Public Utility Commission of Oregon in June 2017.
The IRP describes the company’s projected need for additional electricity and the resources necessary to meet that need while balancing reliability, environmental responsibility, efficiency, risk and cost.
Idaho Power enlists the assistance of its customers in developing the IRP through an advisory council — the Integrated Resource Plan Advisory Council (IRPAC).
The IRPAC consists of members of the environmental community, major industrial customers, irrigation representatives, state legislators, public utility commission representatives and other interested parties.
The IRPAC meets with Idaho Power regularly over a period of several months during the development of the company’s IRP. These meetings are public. The advisory council’s responsibilities include:
- Representing the interests of Idaho Power’s more than 550,000 customers
- Participating in open and active discussions of relevant issues, and
- Working with Idaho Power to develop ways to engage the public in the IRP process.
Planning Our Energy Future
This short video explains the IRP process.
IRPAC meetings are open to the public. Opportunities for public input are provided at each meeting. For more information, email email@example.com.
- 2019 IRP Reference Materials
- IRP Advisory Council (IRPAC) Meeting Schedule and Tentative Agendas Update: January meeting added.
- IRPAC Meeting Presentations: for Jan. 10, 2019
- IRPAC Meeting Presentations: for Dec. 13, 2018
- IRPAC Meeting Presentations: for Nov. 8, 2018
- IRPAC Meeting Presentations: for Oct. 11, 2018
- IRPAC Meeting Presentations: for Sept. 13, 2018
If you have issues accessing any materials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll help you out!