Winners for the 2017-2018 school year have been chosen. Please check back in the fall to participate in the 2018-2019 contest.
Idaho Power holds an annual art contest for students in grades K-9. Bring energy education into your classroom and inspire students and families to think more about energy! More than 30 students and their teachers will be recognized in our service area.
For the 2017-2018 school year, the categories are:
- Safety Coloring Page (kindergarten)
- Electrical Safety Coloring Page (1st and 2nd grades)
- Ways to Save Energy (3rd – 9th grades)
- Show your favorite way to save electricity at home!
- Environmental Stewardship (3rd – 9th grades)
- Show us your favorite example of Idaho Power’s 100-year-old commitment to protecting and preserving our environment.
- Entries must be postmarked by Friday, Feb. 23, 2018.
- All entries must include — student’s name, grade, school, school phone number, teacher’s name and entry category — on the back lower corner of the drawing in pencil. Please write neatly and legibly.
- K–2 submissions (Electrical Safety) must be created on 8 ½ x 11 coloring pages (available above). Other Category submissions for grades 3rd – 9th must be submitted on 11 x 17 paper or cardstock.
- Student artists must live within Idaho Power’s service area.
Entries are due by Feb. 23, 2018. Entries will be judged on content, creativity and originality. Category winners will be displayed in local communities, as well as posted on Idaho Power’s website and Facebook page. Submissions also may be featured in future Idaho Power publications. All entries become the property of Idaho Power and will not be returned.
Regional champions and their teachers will receive a $50 gift card. Runners-up and their teachers will receive a $25 gift card.