Home Energy Audit
An energy-efficient home is a comfortable home, and Idaho Power’s Home Energy Audit program can help with both. During the energy audit, a certified Home Performance Specialist (HPS) evaluates your home and provides recommendations to make it more comfortable and use less energy.
Homeowners with qualified site-built homes are eligible to receive an audit, installation of select items and a complete report. The audit and improvements are valued at $445 and cost only $99 for all-electric homes and $149 for gas, propane or other fuel sources.
Make Your Home Comfortable Year-Round
The items installed during the audit can reduce an average home’s energy use by up to 5 percent. A typical residential customer uses 1,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per month on average. You may be able to save up to 600 kWh per year depending on the condition of your home and the number of improvements installed.
The HPS also suggests ways to save energy and has information on programs to help with improvement costs.
The audit is only the first step—it finds areas for improvement. Take action and you could increase your comfort and savings.
How Do I Participate?
- Review the Program Requirements.
- Complete the online application. (Your contact information will be kept confidential and won’t be sold to third parties.)
- Before your appointment, prepare your home.
- Pay the auditor $99 (all-electric) or $149 (all other fuel sources) cash or check at the time of the audit. Idaho Power covers the rest.
- Be an active participant – tell the HPS your concerns, ask questions and take notes.
- Read the report about recommended improvements.
- Take action to improve your home and use less energy.
Learn More, Sign Up
Review the Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
Idaho Power accepts applications on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the spaces are filled, applicants are placed on a wait list. Apply now!
If you experience any issues signing up, call 208-388-2515, or email HomeEnergyAudit@idahopower.com.
Note: Program continuation, eligibility requirements and terms and conditions apply.