Peak Rewards Program
Idaho Power is offering the Irrigation Peak Rewards Program for the 2014 irrigation season. The program will run from June 15 to Aug. 15 and is available to all Idaho Power agricultural irrigation customers that have existing load control devices installed on their equipment, and existing participants classified as Large Service Locations.
The Peak Rewards Program allows customers to receive a financial incentive for allowing Idaho Power to remotely turn off specific irrigation pumps a minimum of three times during the program season. Read more about it in the program's contract agreement .
Interruption Option (on demand Load Control Events)
- Load control events can occur Monday through Saturday (excluding July 4) between 1 p.m. and 8 p.m. (9 p.m. with additional incentive).
- During the program season, Idaho Power will conduct a minimum of three Load Control Events.
- Load control events can occur up to four hours per day, up to 15 hours per week but no more than 60 hours per season.
- A communication device installed on the customer’s electrical panel allows Idaho Power and the customer to remotely control pumps.
- Customers can learn how to remotely monitor and control their pumps, and opt out of Load Control Events.
- Special considerations for Large Service Locations (service points with at least 1,000 horsepower and multiple pumps).
- Electronic Timer Option participants in 2012 must enroll in the Interruption Option in 2014 or no longer participate in the program.
Idaho Power agriculture representatives are available to answer your questions and provide information for this summer’s program.
Click to review Idaho Power’s Schedule 23 Irrigation Peak Clipping Program , filed and approved by the Idaho Public Utilities Commission.