Careers Frequently Asked Questions
Click on question from a category below to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions. If you can't find the information you're looking for, Contact Us.
- Do I need to create an account to search for jobs?
No, you do not need an account to search our open positions. On the main Career Opportunities page, under the heading "Available Positions," is a search button that will show all of our available positions. It is only necessary to create an account if you wish to apply for a position. See question #4 for directions on creating an account.
- Do I need to have a resume to apply for a job?
Yes, our application process requires a resume. If you do not have a resume, a resume template is a great place to start. Microsoft Word offers a number of templates that can be easily uploaded when you apply for a position.
- Do I need to use the myAccount Login to apply for a job?
No, the myAccount Login is for Idaho Power customers to manage their monthly power bill. This appears on most pages of our website for our customers' convenience, but there is no interaction between this login and the Career Opportunities website, as you do not need to be an Idaho Power customer to apply for a position with the company.
- How do I submit an application?
Resume and applications are accepted only for available positions. Visit the Career Opportunities page to view our current openings.
Instructions for applicants who HAVE NOT applied for a posted position since Jan. 2, 2013
- Go to Career Opportunities and click "Search" under the Available Positions section
- Click the title of any position you are interested in, and read the job description
- If you want to apply, click "Apply for this Position" at the bottom of the page
- Start the application process by uploading your resume using a saved document on your computer, LinkedIn or Universal Profile
- Provide your email address and a password under the Email Registration section to create a profile
- Complete the remainder of the application, ensuring each question with a red asterisk (*) is answered; these are required to submit your application
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page when you are finished
- You should see a confirmation message that reads "Thank you for submitting your resume," as well as a confirmation email to the email address provided as part of your profile
- Who is considered a Returning Applicant?
A Returning Applicant is someone who has applied using our online application system since Jan. 2, 2013. His/her information is saved in the system and can be accessed by using the username and password he/she created while applying the first time using the system. As a Returning Applicant, most of your information will pre-populate, which makes the entire application process much faster.
- What can I expect after I submit an application?
Once the application deadline has passed, the hiring team will review all the resumes and applications to determine which candidates will be selected to move to the next step in the hiring process. This can take up to four weeks, depending on the number of applications received. Candidates will be notified of their status via phone or email as the process progresses.
- Does Idaho Power keep applications on file for future openings?
Applications are not retained for future openings, so it's necessary to submit an application each time you'd like to be considered for an open position. However, if you are a returning applicant, as defined above, all of your information is retained and you will only need to update information as needed.
- How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
Although all of Idaho Power's apprenticeship programs are listed on the website, apprenticeship opportunities are available only when there is an open position. Visit the Career Opportunities page where all open positions are listed, to see if any apprenticeships are available. If you see a position you're interested in, you can apply via our online application system.
- Does Idaho Power offer internships, and how do I apply?
Idaho Power does offer internships! To see if an internship is available in your area of study, visit the Career Opportunities page to view all open positions. Once you see a position you're interested in, apply using our online application system.
- Does Idaho Power sponsor visas for foreign citizens?
Candidates who are not legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship are ineligible for hire at Idaho Power.