Integrated Resource Plan
The Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) is a comprehensive look at present and future demands for electricity, as well as a plan for meeting those demands. The plan is updated every two years. The 2015 IRP was submitted to public utilities commissions in Idaho and Oregon on June 30, 2015.
The IRP describes the company’s projected need for additional electricity and the resources necessary to meet that need while balancing reliability, environmental responsibility, efficiency and cost.
Idaho Power enlists the assistance of its customers in developing the IRP through an advisory council — the Integrated Resource Plan Advisory Council (IRPAC).
The IRPAC consists of members of the environmental community, major industrial customers, irrigation representatives, state legislators, public utility commission representatives and other interested parties.
The IRPAC meets with Idaho Power regularly over a period of several months during the development of the company’s IRP. These meetings are public. When planning begins for the 2017 IRP, meeting dates and times will be posted on this page.
The advisory council's responsibilities include:
- Representing the interests of Idaho Power's more than 500,000 customers
- Participating in open and active discussions of relevant issues, and
- Working with Idaho Power to develop ways to engage the public in the IRP process.
- 2015 Integrated Resource Plan (PDF)
- Appendix A - Sales and Load Forecast (PDF)
- Appendix B - Demand-Side Management Annual Report (PDF)
- Appendix C - Technical Appendix (PDF)
- 2015 IRP Advisory Council
- 2015 Advisory Council Materials
IRPAC meetings are open to the public. Opportunities for public input are provided at each meeting.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.