What is Green Power?
- It’s clean energy. It’s voluntary. It’s an easy way to make the world a little greener.
- One dollar buys 100 kilowatt hours of certified green power, delivered to the region’s power grid.
- It’s an addition to your monthly bill and you can cancel at any time.
Two Ways to Participate
Sign up for as much as you like. Each block costs $1 and represents 100 kWh of renewable energy. For example, buying three blocks means you are using 300 kWh of clean, renewable energy and adding only $3 to your bill. This purchase would match 30 percent of the average home’s monthly energy use.
Match 100 percent of your monthly energy use for an extra 1 cent per kWh. Cost is based on the amount of energy used each month and will vary as your use does. For example, if you use 967 kWh this month, $9.67 will be added to your bill. If the next month you use 725 kWh, $7.25 will be added to your bill.
Green Power Stats
- Since May 2001: 302,639,552 kWh have been delivered through the Green Power Program.
- This generation avoids 213,908 estimated tons of CO2 pollution.
- 37,836 equivalent cars removed from the road.
Source: U.S. EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalency Calculator
Last Updated: Aug. 1, 2018
Green Power is Green-e Energy™ Certified
Green Power is Green-e Energy™ certified and meets the environmental and consumer protection standards set forth by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions.
Learn more at www.green-e.org.
For a list of this year’s anticipated Green Power resources, view the Prospective Product Content Label.
To view the conditions of your subscription, see the Price Terms and Conditions.
Solar 4R Schools
Solar 4R Schools educates students about renewable energy by placing solar installations on school property, along with a data monitoring system and a curriculum package.
Large Renewable Energy Purchase Option
For purchases of 750 MWh or more a year, Idaho Power offers business customers a customized, Renewable Energy Certificate product supported by local wind, solar and geothermal projects. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including availability, pricing and terms.