Located on Idaho Highway 71, 23 miles northwest of Cambridge, Idaho.
Woodhead Park is spread over 65 acres, divided into four camping loops and is on the Idaho side of Brownlee Reservoir. There is a reservable day-use picnic sheelter.
Day use in the park is free. Amenities include the following:
- 118 RV sites with water and electric hookups (30-amp)
- 15 walk-in tent sites with shared water, no electric hookups
- Reservable day-use picnic shelter
- Fire rings
- Four-lane boat ramp and docks
- Fish cleaning station
- Paved walking path through park
- Overnight truck and boat trailer parking near boat ramps
- Public pay phone (phone card required for non-local calls)
Call 541-785-7251 to hear a recorded status update about the road condition between Oxbow and Hells Canyon Dam. This road is sometimes closed due to maintenance or road conditions.
There is a 14-day stay limit for all parks.
Check-in time is 2 p.m. MDT (local park time).
Check-out time is 1 p.m. MDT (local park time).
Only one camping unit (maximum eight persons) per designated campsite is permitted.
View a list of complete policies.
- Reservation fees are nonrefundable.
- If a reservation is canceled 14 days or more prior to the scheduled arrival date, the camping fee will be refunded minus a $10 cancellation charge.
- If a reservation is canceled 13 days or less prior to the arrival date, the camping fee will be refunded minus a $10 cancellation charge and the first night’s camping fee.
- Idaho Power does not issue refunds for acts of nature or reservoir operations, including, but not limited to: changing water levels, weather, smoke due to wildfire, insects, or algae blooms.
- To receive a refund for early departures, campers must cancel online or with the camp host. Idaho Power will issue a refund for the remaining days left on their reservation minus a $10 cancellation fee. Idaho Power will not issue refunds for campers who leave and do not contact the camp host. Early departures before 1 p.m. Mountain Time are entitled to a refund of that night’s camping fee. Early departures after 1 p.m. Mountain Time will not receive a refund for that night’s camping fee.
Get more information about other Idaho Power parks and campgrounds.
Contact Idaho Power:email@example.com