Located near the town of Oxbow, Oregon, on Hells Canyon Road and Oregon Highway 86.
Copperfield Park includes 12 acres of manicured lawn, paved roads, terraced landscaping and numerous trees.
Day use in the park is free.
- 59 RV sites with water and electric hookups (30-amp)
- 10 tent sites with shared water
- Picnic area with tables
- Fire rings
- Additional vehicle and boat trailer parking available
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging station
- Public pay phone (phone card required for non-local calls)
- Boat launch and docks located approximately one-half mile downstream of the park, on Homestead Road
Did You Know?
Copperfield was a mining town known as “the rowdiest town in Oregon” in the early 1900s. Fire destroyed the town in August 1915. The park was built in 1965 on the old town site of Copperfield, Oregon.
Call 541-785-7251 to hear a recorded status update about the road condition between Oxbow and Hells Canyon Dam. This road is sometimes closed due to maintenance or road conditions.
There is a 14-day stay limit for all parks.
Check-in time is 2 p.m. MDT (local park time).
Check-out time is 1 p.m. MDT (local park time).
Only one camping unit (maximum eight persons) per designated campsite is permitted.
View a list of complete policies.
- Reservation fees are nonrefundable.
- If a reservation is canceled 14 days or more prior to the scheduled arrival date, the camping fee will be refunded minus a $10 cancellation charge.
- If a reservation is canceled 13 days or less prior to the arrival date, the camping fee will be refunded minus a $10 cancellation charge and the first night’s camping fee.
- Idaho Power does not issue refunds for acts of nature or reservoir operations, including, but not limited to: changing water levels, weather, smoke due to wildfire, insects, or algae blooms.
- To receive a refund for early departures, campers must cancel online or with the camp host. Idaho Power will issue a refund for the remaining days left on their reservation minus a $10 cancellation fee. Idaho Power will not issue refunds for campers who leave and do not contact the camp host. Early departures before 1 p.m. Mountain Time are entitled to a refund of that night’s camping fee. Early departures after 1 p.m. Mountain Time will not receive a refund for that night’s camping fee.
Get more information about other Idaho Power parks and campgrounds.
Contact Idaho Power:email@example.com