Located near the town of Oxbow, Oregon, on Hells Canyon Road and Oregon Highway 86.
Copperfield Park includes 12 acres of manicured lawn, paved roads, terraced landscaping and numerous trees.
Day use in the park is free.
- 59 RV sites with water and electric hookups (30-amp)
- 10 tent sites with shared water
- Picnic area with tables
- Fire rings
- Additional vehicle and boat trailer parking available
- Public pay phone (phone card required for non-local calls)
- Boat launch and docks located approximately one-half mile downstream of the park, on Homestead Road
Did You Know?
Copperfield was a mining town known as “the rowdiest town in Oregon” in the early 1900s. Fire destroyed the town in August 1915. The park was built in 1965 on the old town site of Copperfield, Oregon.
Call 541-785-7251 to hear a recorded status update about the road condition between Oxbow and Hells Canyon Dam. This road is sometimes closed due to maintenance or road conditions.
There is a 14-day stay limit for all parks.
Check-in time is 2 p.m. MDT (local park time).
Check-out time is 1 p.m. MDT (local park time).
Only one camping unit (maximum eight persons) per designated campsite is permitted.
View a list of complete policies.