A ducted open-loop, water-source heat pump is a highly efficient electric heating and cooling system. It uses traditional air ducts and room registers throughout a home to distribute warm or cool air. New systems are much more efficient than electric furnaces, electric baseboards, electric ceiling cable or electric wall cadets. They use a deep outdoor water well to absorb heat during winter, then move that heat into the home. They dissipate heat from the home back into the water well during summer.
|Existing System||New System||New System
|Air-Source Heat Pump||Open-Loop, Water-Source Heat Pump||3.5 COP||$500|
|Electric Forced-Air Furnace*||Open-Loop, Water-Source Heat Pump||3.5 COP||$1000|
|Electric Zonal*||Open-Loop, Water-Source Heat Pump||3.5 COP||$1000|
|Propane Forced-Air Furnace**||Open-Loop, Water-Source Heat Pump||3.5 COP||$1000|
|Oil Forced-Air Furnace**||Open-Loop, Water-Source Heat Pump||3.5 COP||$1000|
*Supplemental heat for heat pumps must be electric.
**Home must be in an area where natural gas is not available.
- Homeowners or property owners in Idaho or Oregon can receive a cash incentive for having a qualified ducted heat pump installed into a qualified home by a Participating Contractor.
- The home can be a main residence, vacation home or rental.
- Qualifying home types are single-family, site-built homes; manufactured homes; duplexes; triplexes or fourplexes
- Contractor must be an authorized Participating Contractor to administer this incentive.
How to Apply
- Review the Terms and Conditions.
- Select a Participating Contractor, and let them know you wish to apply for the incentive.
- Your Participating Contractor reviews the requirements with you.
- Have the new heat pump installed.
- Your Participating Contractor completes and submits all the necessary forms with your assistance. Idaho Power mails an incentive check to you following application approval.