A heat pump water heater is an electric storage water heater that contains an integrated air source heat pump. It absorbs heat from the surrounding air and discharges cool air. The absorbed heat is transferred into the water tank. An optional intake and exhaust ducting kit can be used to exhaust the air and/or have the intake air come from the outdoors or another home space chosen by the owner.
$300 incentive for a heat pump water heater.
- Homeowner or property owner can receive a cash incentive for having a qualified heat pump water heater installed into a qualified home.
- The heat pump water heater must be listed on the Qualified Products List.
- Must be replacing an existing electric resistance storage water heater.
- Home types are single-family site built, manufactured, duplex, triplex or fourplex.
- The homeowner may install the heat pump water heater or hire a qualified professional.
- Home can be a main residence, vacation home or rental.
How to Apply
- Review the Terms and Conditions.
- Review the Incentive Application.
- Review the Heat Pump Water Heater Worksheet.
- Have the heat pump water heater installed.
- Complete and submit the Incentive Application and Heat Pump Water Heater Worksheet with a copy of the paid invoice to Idaho Power.
- Idaho Power will mail an incentive to you once the application is approved.