An ECM air-handler motor is an efficient motor that replaces a lesser efficient permanent split capacitor motor in an air handler. ECMs are especially effective in reducing the air-handler energy consumed by people who use the fan-on mode of their thermostat.
- $50 incentive for an ECM motor.
- $150 incentive for the installing licensed contractor
- Homeowners or property owners in Idaho or Oregon can receive a cash incentive for having a qualified, electronically commutated air-handler motor (ECM) installed into a qualified home.
- A licensed contractor must perform the work. The licensed contractor also receives a cash incentive.
- The home can be a main residence, vacation home or rental.
- Home types include single-family site-built, manufactured, duplex, triplex or fourplex.
- Qualifying homes are homes with electric forced-air heat, oil or propane or natural gas forced-air heat or a heat pump.
How to Apply
- Review the Terms and Conditions.
- Review the Incentive Application.
- Review the .
- Have the ECM motor installed.
- Complete and submit the and to Idaho Power along with a copy of the paid invoice.
- Idaho Power will mail an incentive check to you following application approval.
Licensed Contractor Info
It is the homeowner/property owner responsibility to submit the paperwork.