A ducted air-source heat pump is a highly efficient electric heating and cooling system. It uses traditional air ducts and room registers throughout a home to distribute warm or cool air. New systems are much more efficient than electric furnaces, electric baseboards, electric ceiling cable or electric wall cadets. To heat a home, they absorb heat from the outdoor air, then move the heated air into the home. During the summer, they dissipate heat from the home to the outdoors to cool the home.
|Existing System||New System||New System
|Air-Source Heat Pump||Air-Source Heat Pump||8.5 HSPF||$250|
|Electric Forced-Air Furnace*||Air-Source Heat Pump||8.5 HSPF||$800|
|Electric Zonal*||Air-Source Heat Pump||8.5 HSPF||$800|
|Propane Forced-Air Furnace**||Air-Source Heat Pump||8.5 HSPF||$400|
|Oil Forced-Air Furnace**||Air-Source Heat Pump||8.5 HSPF||$400|
*Supplemental heat for heat pumps must be electric.
**Home must be in an area where natural gas is not available.
- Homeowner or property owner in Idaho or Oregon can receive a cash incentive for having a qualified ducted heat pump installed into a qualified home by a Participating Contractor.
- The home can be a main residence, vacation home or rental.
- Qualifying home types include single-family, site-built homes; manufactured homes; duplexes; triplexes or fourplexes.
- Contractor must be an authorized Participating Contractor to administer this incentive.
How to Apply
- Review the Terms and Conditions.
- Select a Participating Contractor, and let them know you wish to apply for the incentive.
- Your Participating Contractor reviews the requirements with you.
- Have the new heat pump installed.
- Your Participating Contractor completes and submits all the necessary forms with your assistance. Idaho Power mails an incentive check to you following application approval.