Introduction to our privacy practices
This website is the responsibility of Idaho Power Company ("Idaho Power," ''we," ''us," or ''our"). Idaho Power can be contacted by mail at:
P.O. Box 70
Boise, ID 83707
What kind of information does Idaho Power collect from site visitors?
When you visit the Idaho Power website, Idaho Power is likely to collect or track the following types of information:
- Non-personal statistical and usage information — Idaho Power receives and stores certain types of information when you interact with Idaho Power's website to monitor proper functionality, determine areas of continuous improvement, and to support website analytics and marketing and customer service efforts. This is anonymous information on items such as: how many visitors come to the website, how they navigate through the website, which browsers they use, etc. To collect this information, we use tracking technologies such as cookies (as described below).
- Personally identifiable information — When you knowingly supply personally identifiable information in online forms, registration forms, and surveys, or when you register on the website to access your Idaho Power account information, Idaho Power will collect personal information to help Idaho Power identify you, authenticate you, provide services to you, and seek to provide you better service in the future. Examples of personally identifiable information that you may provide to us while using our website include your name, mailing or service address, telephone number, e-mail address, account number, and Social Security Number or driver's license number. We may also supplement your information with additional information we receive from a credit check performed when you apply for certain services.
Idaho Power has collected this information from customers in the past to provide services through the mail or over the telephone. The emergence and popularity of the Internet provides Idaho Power with another convenient way to obtain information, communicate with customers, and meet customer needs.
By providing personally identifiable information and using the website, you expressly consent to these privacy practices.
How does Idaho Power use the information it collects?
Idaho Power uses your information to provide requested services and to support our business functions. For example, we may use your information to fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests; help you quickly find and/or receive information about Idaho Power or one of its affiliated companies; register and service your account; administer surveys; provide customer service; improve the content of our website for your reference; alert you to updated information and services; protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business; or answer your questions.
Except to provide our services to you and in the very limited circumstances noted below, Idaho Power will not provide personally identifiable information to any third party without your prior authorization. Idaho Power may share personally identifiable information you provide to us for legitimate business purposes, including:
- making the information available to third parties who are providing a product, service, or information that you have requested;
- making the information available to third parties who are service providers to Idaho Power, such as third parties performing computer-related services, credit card processing, employment services, credit reporting agencies, or debt collection purposes (in the event of account default); these companies are authorized to use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- when we are required to do so by federal or state law, subpoena, or court order, at the request of state or federal regulatory agencies or commissions, or as we, in good faith, believe is legally appropriate or necessary; and
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We reserve the right to use and share any non-personal statistical and usage information (i.e., non-personally identifiable information) with any third parties for any reason, unless prohibited by law.
Receipt of customer e-mails
E-mail gives Idaho Power another convenient way to communicate with its customers. We hope to periodically tell you about new rates, products, or services that may be of interest to you. Idaho Power will not, however, send you e-mails if you do not wish to receive them. If at any time you would like to remove yourself from any of Idaho Power's electronic mailing lists, please Contact Us.
Idaho Power allows third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit its website and to use that information to deliver ads for Idaho Power services when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about services likely to be of greater interest to you. These parties typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information.
Security of personally identifiable information
All transfers of personally identifiable information on the website are secured by the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which encrypts information you input. This system is intended to prevent other companies or Web users from gaining access to your personal information. However, no security system is fail-safe, and notwithstanding the technology solutions Idaho Power uses, Idaho Power cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. You should protect the confidentiality of your information such as your customer account number, e-mail address and password. Your account is password protected for your privacy and security. You must help prevent unauthorized access to your account by limiting access to your computer/browser and username/password combination. Ensure that you log out after you have finished accessing your account information on our website. If you suspect any theft or unauthorized use of your login information it is your responsibility to notify Idaho Power immediately at Contact Us.
Idaho Power does not intend to collect any personally identifiable information from children through the website. Idaho Power does not have any content on its website that it believes would be considered harmful to children. However, Idaho Power does not restrict children from visiting Idaho Power's website, and requests that you please not allow children to provide any personally identifiable information in connection with the website.
Idaho Power's website contains links to various other websites of third parties. Please be aware that these other sites have privacy policies that differ from those of Idaho Power. We recommend that you review the privacy practices and policies of those external sites. Idaho Power is in no way responsible for either the content of those linked sites or your privacy once you have linked onto other sites. Any use of external links is at your sole discretion.
Idaho Power's right to change privacy policies and practices