Green Power Program
Green Power - A Resource Of Choice
One by one, your neighbors and local businesses have chosen to make our environment better by enrolling in Idaho Power's voluntary Green Power Program. It's an easy way to bring green power home.
What is Green Power?
- It’s clean. Green Power comes from renewable energy projects in the Northwest.
- Each dollar of Green Power purchased represents 100 kWh of renewable energy delivered to the regional power grid.
- It’s in your community. Participation in our Green Power Program supports Solar 4R Schools, bringing solar panels and energy education to area schools.
How Can I Participate?
Choose the option that works best for you.
Block Enrollment: $1/100 kWh block
Purchase a block of 100 kWh of renewable energy for $1/month. Buy as many blocks as you wish. This monthly cost is in addition to your normal electric charges.
100 Percent Match
This option enables you to match 100 percent of your monthly electric consumption for 1 cent a kWh. The monthly cost is based on the amount of energy used each month and is in addition to your normal electric charges.
Green Power Program
- 275,692,079 kWh's have been delivered through Green Power.
- This generation avoids 192,443 Estimated Tons of CO2 Pollution.
- 33,708 Equivalent Autos Not Driven.
Source: U.S. EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalency Calculator
Last Updated: Feb, 2017
Green Power is Green-e Energy Certified
Green Power is Green-e Energy™ certified and meets the environmental and consumer protection standards established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions.
For more information on Green-e Energy™ certification requirements, call 1-888-63-GREEN or log on to www.green-e.org.
For a list of the resources included in Green Power, view the:
Interested in installing solar panels or small-scale wind turbines?
Our net metering tariff allows customers to install small-scale, renewable generation projects on their property and connect to Idaho Power's grid to offset their use.