Ductless Heat Pump Pilot
A ductless heating and cooling system is a highly efficient system that is easily installed as a new primary heat source for electrically heated homes.
Ductless systems are designed to heat and cool homes at a lower cost than baseboard units or wall heaters. They are quiet and heat rooms evenly.
Why Upgrade to a Ductless System?
- Cash Back! Idaho Power offers a $750 incentive to eligible customers for qualified installations.
- Save Energy & Money. You could save 25 to 40 percent on your electric bill, depending on the characteristics of your home.
- Enjoy a More Comfortable Home. Ductless heat pumps provide year-round comfort by heating your home in the winter and cooling it in the summer. An ultra-quiet fan evenly circulates air, eliminating hot and cold spots in rooms.
- Start benefiting right away! Installation is quick, which means little disruption to your home.
You're Probably Ready For An Upgrade
If you're heating your home with electric zonal heating, you're probably ready for an upgrade.
If you have baseboard, ceiling cable or wall heaters, you are likely using more energy than is needed to heat your home. We're helping qualified customers upgrade to a ductless heating and cooling system that uses less electricity and provides greater comfort.
Eligible homeowners will receive a $750 incentive check when a participating contractor installs a qualified system.
You may qualify for participation in the pilot if:
- Your home's primary heat source is electric: baseboards, wall heaters, ceiling heat (electric forced air furnaces and heat pumps are not eligible)
- You contract to install an inverter-driven ductless heat pump in the main living area of your home
- You have the qualifying ductless heat pump installed by a participating contractor to meet the Pilot requirements (such as system sized appropriately for the space and an exterior rigid line set cover installed over insulation wrapped line set and at minimum, UV tape wrapping on the lines from the house to the outdoor unit)
- You agree to allow Idaho Power and third parties associated with the pilot to visit your home to inspect the ductless heat pump installation
- You agree to participate in customer surveys as part of this pilot
- In addition, if your home is connected to a natural gas line, natural gas can only be used for non-space heating end uses such as water heaters, stoves, clothes dryers, etc.