Residential Weatherization Programs
Idaho Power offers free weatherization improvements to electrically-heated homes of income-qualified customers. These energy efficiency measures improve comfort and reduce energy consumption.
Two residential weatherization programs are available to Idaho Power customers whose homes are heated with electricity:
Income qualifications are slightly different, so customers who don't qualify for the first program may be eligible for the second one.
Program benefits include:
- Weatherization improvements are available at NO COST to qualifying applicants who own or rent their home.
- These measures help reduce energy costs for income-eligible customers by increasing the efficiency of their home while improving health and safety measures.
- Improvements like insulation, weather stripping and sealing air leaks make a home, apartment or manufactured home more comfortable.
- Consumers receive efficiency ideas for saving energy in their homes.
- Weatherization improvements benefit families, communities and the environment.
If accepted for either Residential Weatherization Program, a certified energy auditor will evaluate which improvements to your home qualify for the program.