Easy Upgrades Program
Reduce Energy Costs, Earn Cash Incentives!
Easy Upgrades participants can earn incentives for qualifying energy-saving improvements to existing commercial or industrial buildings.
Commercial and industrial customers whose retrofit projects meet Easy Upgrades program requirements are eligible to participate. Customers must take service under one of the following Idaho Power rate schedules:
- Schedule 7 - Small General Service, Small Commercial
- Schedule 9 - Large General Service, Large Commercial
- Schedule 19 - Large Power Service, Large Industrial
The following projects require pre-approval from Idaho Power prior to equipment purchase or installation:
- Projects with an estimated incentive of $1,000 or more
- Non-standard lighting measures
- Variable-frequency drives
Note: Lighting projects must be installed by a licensed electrical contractor (contractor must be properly licensed in the state where work is being performed). The exception to this requirement is if installing screw-in or pin-based CFLs or LEDs. Lighting contractors need to have a current Memorandum of Understanding signed and on file with Idaho Power.