Idaho Business Customer Resources
Energy Saving Quick Tips
Every one of us can take steps to reduce the impacts of our energy use. You can help cut your energy costs by taking some of these practical steps:
- Buy compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs for light fixtures you use more than two hours a day
- Weatherstrip windows and doors
- Increase attic insulation to R44
- Increase under floor insulation in crawl space to R30
- Seal ductwork seams with mastic to reduce air leakage
- Use plug strips for computers and video equipment, and shut off when not in use
Learn about energy efficient solutions and programs that are right for your business.
(with your customized account and usage data)
Use ENERGY Tools to analyze your bills, learn how your business uses energy and find ways to save. Requires login as an Account Manager.
(typical usage data)
See an estimate of how businesses similar to yours use energy and learn general ways to save. Works without downloading your business’ usage.
Read up on energy basics and efficiency innovations affecting your business.
Explore the following sites for energy efficiency tips and techniques.
Get the basics about how the new smart meter works and how to calculate your kilowatt-hour usage.
Find definitions about the charges and terminology on your bill.
Estimate the cost difference of your electricity bill with other places in the U.S.
View electric service price data from a survey of more than 150 independently-owned utilities.
*Powered by Aclara.